Sechelt Community Archives

Historical Photographs

Home | About | Search | Donate photos | Order photos

Other collections

Gwen Abram
   Lansdowne Park
Mrs. Lorraine Ansell
   Sunshine Coast
Mr. Warren Allan

   Selma Park Store
Mr. and Mrs. Atlee
   Harry and Jessie Irvine
Mr. Brian Blackwell
Audrey Broughton
   Sechelt Meat Lockers
Caple family
   Redrooffs Resort
Richard (Dick) Clayton
   Clayton family, early Sechelt

Mr. Alan Crane
   Music and Recital Society
Mr. Cavin Crawford
   Crawford home
District of Sechelt
Friends of the Library
   Sechelt Library
Mr, Nick Gilbert
   Whitaker family, various
Mrs. May Gillis
   Redrooffs Resort
Mrs. Joan Graham
   Rockwood Lodge
Mrs. Patricia Hilton
   Redrooffs, Cooper's Green
Mrs. Joyce Hubbs
   Selma Park Store
Mr. Philip (Pete) Jackson
   Jackson Brothers' Logging
Ms. Caroline Keeley
   Jackson Brothers' Logging
Mr. and Mrs. Kohuch
   Gilmore brothers
Mrs. Joyce Kolibas
   Sechelt General Store
Eddie and Gladys Le Warne
   Trading Post, Davis Bay
Mr. Gary Little
   Early postcards
Mrs. Diana Lofstrom
   Sechelt Library Board
Mrs. Faye McCourt
   McCourt family, various
Mrs. Barbara Moffett
Ms. Donna Nelson
   Clowhom Falls
Mr. Kendall Parr Pearson
Mr. John Pirie
  Hopkin's Landing, Pender Harbour
St. Mary's Hospital Auxiliary
   Events, volunteers
Mr. Philip Sawkins
   Sitka Spruce Lumber, Picnic
Sechelt Community Archivist
   Wakefield Inn
Sechelt Garden Club
   Events, members
Sechelt Public Library
   Library events, Peninsula Times newspaper
Senior Citizen's Ass'n (Sechelt)
   Events, members
Mrs. June Shepherd
   Ernie Penn, Sechelt Hotel
Mrs. Billie Steele
   Hacketts, Rockwood Lodge
Mr. Charles Stephens and
Mr. Robert D'Arcy

   Sandy Hook community
Sunshine Coast Credit Union
Mrs. Bea Swanson
   Swanson Redi-Mix, events
Ms. Val Swanson

Mrs. Sue Thompson

   Wilson Creek baseball
Mrs. Betty Twigg
   Mrs. Alice French
University Women
   Members, events
The Rev. Kenneth Walker
   George Walker
Mrs. Jean Whittaker
   Shorncliffe Intermediate Care
Mrs. Frances Yordan
   Hunt family, Sargeant Bay


St. Mary's Hospital Auxiliary Collection-- Events, volunteers, Page 6

The Reverend John Antle of the Columbia Coast Mission, with the help of volunteers and Anglican congregations in Vancouver raised funds to open, in 1930, the first hospital on the Sunshine Coast at Garden Bay in Pender Harbour. When a proposal for a centrally located hospital was successful, a new St. Mary's Hospital was built and opened in 1964 in Sechelt on land donated by the Sechelt First Nation.St. Mary's Hospital Auxiliary Society consists of six branches. The first auxiliary was formed in Pender Harbour in 1937, followed by Halfmoon Bay in 1955, Gibson's in 1960, Sechelt in 1961, Robert's Creek in 1964 and Port Mellon (now Hopkins) also in 1964. A co-ordinating council oversaw the six auxiliaries' activities and reported to the St. Mary's Hospital Board. In 1983 the six auxiliaries amalgamated, becoming one auxiliary with six branches then in 1993, the auxiliary formed a Society. A Board of Directors, elected from the six branches, now directs the business of the auxiliary. The six branches hold monthly meetings, arrange their own fund-raising activities, run the hospital gift shop, loan cupboard and the thrift shop in Sechelt. It is through the efforts of the auxiliary and its many volunteer members that the hospital is so well equipped and comfortably furnished. Totem Lodge, the extended care facility, is of particular interest to the auxiliary.

1   2   3   4   5  6   7    8   9   10 


1987-- Pender Harbour Branch members celebrate the Branch's 50th Anniversary

Photo courtesy St. Mary's Hospital Auxiliary


1987 -- The interior of the chapel at St. Mary's Hospital, Pender Harbour

Photo courtesy St. Mary's Hospital Auxiliary


1985 -- A Blood Donor Clinic run by Port Mellon volunteers

Photo courtesy St. Mary's Hospital Auxiliary


1969 -- Port Mellon Branch officers

Photo courtesy St. Mary's Hospital Auxiliary


1984 -- 25th Anniversary celebrations of the Roberts Creek Branch

Photo courtesy St. Mary's Hospital Auxiliary



Copyright © The Sechelt Community Archives