waterfront, first hotel (1900-1914)
first hotel fire (1900-1914)
second hotel (1910-1930s)
Post Offices, barn etc. (1896-1973)
Library, Municipal halls (1960s-1970s)
Hilda's Anglican Church (1930s-1970s)
St. Mary's Hospital (various)
Ave, Teredo Street (1935-1983)
Inn, West Sechelt (1981-1982)
6.5-- Identified buildings, streets, structures, Sechelt and District
-- St. Mary's Hospital, Page 1
are of bridges, cottages, hotels, stores and private houses in Sechelt
and District, many being identified buildings on Sechelt's waterfront.
Excellent photos of Sechelt's first hotel, and the 1914 fire which
destroyed it, Sechelt's second hotel and general store and wharf.
Photographs also of Sechelt Inn, originally Whitaker's house (Vue
de L'Eau or the Beach House), which burned in 1964, St. Hilda's Anglican
Church, and St. Mary's Hospital (in Garden Bay); views of Sechelt's
streets: the Boulevard, Cowrie Street, Inlet Avenue, Shorncliffe Avenue,
and Rockwood Lodge and cottage, Wharf Street and Wakefield Inn in
West Sechelt. Also in this Sub-Series are photographs of Whitaker's
house at Selma Park, the Bank of Montreal at Madeira Park, Deadman's
Island and the CPR station in Vancouver. Photographers include Charles
Bradbury, Edric S. Clayton. Some photographs are copies from Vancouver
City Archives, Provincial Archives and Vancouver Public Library Collection.
1929 -- The first buildings for St. Mary's Hospital, Pender Harbour
were these three house floats from O'Brien Bay on Vancouver Island.
They sank in a storm in Johnston Strait.
1930 -- Canadian Pacific Steamship `Princess Patricia'(right)
lying alongside `Hospital Wharf' in Garden Bay when she carried
200 passengers from Vancouver to Pender Harbour for the official
opening ceremonies of St. Mary's Hospital. Smaller vessel on the
left side of the wharf is the Columbia Coast Mission ship 'Alan
D. Greene' built by Sam and Bert Dawe.
circa 1930s --Garden Bay (Hospital Bay), Pender Harbour in front
of St. Mary's Hospital.
by Edric Clayton
© The Sechelt Community Archives