6.6-- First Nations of Sechelt -- Totem Poles, Page 1
Photographs include the Sechelt 'Stone Image' (a seated figure bowl), brass bands, canoes, cemetery, the three churches and passion plays, identified individuals and groups, the residential school, pupils and nuns, totem poles and various village scenes.
Photographers include Charles Bradbury, Phillip Timms, Helen McCall, Edric Clayton.
1928-1929 -- Totem poles carved by Sechelt carver Dan Paull and
Philip Paul Weenah of Rivers Inlet and commissioned by the Union
Steamship Company. They stood outside the Sechelt Dance Pavilion
and Totem Tea Room on the waterfront at Trail Bay until 1955 when
they were removed to Bowen Island after the Union Steam Ship Company
turned the village of Sechelt over to its residents in 1956.
# 5361 by Helen McCall, photograph courtesy the Vancouver City
-- Smallest of three totem poles commissioned by the Union Steamship
Company. They stood on the Trail Bay waterfront until 1955 when
they were removed to Bowen Island.
-- Largest of the three totem poles on the Trail Bay waterfront
outside the Union Steamship Company's Totem Tea Room and Dance
Pavilion. They stood there until 1955 when they were removed to
Bowen Island. Gladys Disney, later Mrs. McNutt of Egmont, on the
© The Sechelt Community Archives