Sechelt Community Archives

Historical Photographs

Home | About | Search | Donate photos | Order photos

Helen Dawe Collection

Series 6.4
Chapman Creek-Grantham's Landing (1890-1983)
   Halfmoon Bay-Pender Harbour (1928-1970)
    Porpoise Bay (1898-1921)
    Porpoise Bay (1920-1982)
    Redrooffs, Roberts Creek (1914-1982)
    Selma Park (1911-1971)
    Skookumchuck, Wilson Creek (1911-1971)


Series 6.4, General, Panoramic Views, Redrooffs, Roberts Creek (1914-1982), Page 1

From Grantham's Landing to Princess Louisa Inlet, views and people of the Sunshine Coast from the 1890s to 1983. Photographers include Charles Bradbury, Florence Cliff, Jean Cook, Leighton P. Harrison, Gordon Reeves, Gladys Tidy, Tom Booker of 'The Press' and the Sechelt Peninsula Times photographer.

1   2   3



Date unknown -- Redrooffs, (Welcome Pass P.O.) The Lagoon

The name of the Welcome Pass post office was changed to Halfmoon Bay post office in 1915. The Redrooffs Resort cottages had red roofs hence the name. The spelling was a joke to simulate "Ye Olde England."

Photographer unknown. Photograph courtesy Mary Tinkley Shannon of Halfmoon Bay


Date unknown -- Original Redrooffs store

Built circa 1915 by Hubert Kitchin, the Redrooffs store was torn down in 1964.

Photographer unknown


1936 -- postmark date Redrooffs, (Welcome Pass P.O.) The Store

Postcard of the original Redrooffs store and wharf.

Photographer unknown


Copyright © The Sechelt Community Archives