Bald-headed man in left foreground is Jack
Mayne, man leaning on right hand truck may be William
A. Youngson. Buildings in background are left to
1) Union Steamship Co. dance pavilion on
2) Three totem poles with Herbert Whitaker's
`Red Cottage' on Cowrie Street between second and
3) Whitaker's second store built c 1899,
joined in 1934 to fourth store and serving as Union
4) Herbert Whitaker's fourth store , built
c1915/1916, and in 1934 known as the Union SS
Company's `General Store.'
5) Porpoise Bay Road later known as Wharf
Road between `General Store' and second Sechelt Hotel.
6) Second `Sechelt Hotel' built by Herbert
Whitaker as his third store with annex to first hotel
above store which burned down in 1914.
7) Rental boats in front of hotel.