6.10 -- Schools, Students and Teachers, (1913-1981) -- Schools 1,
include early pictures of Sechelt's second school on Porpoise Bay
waterfront (the first school had been on Trail Bay until converted
to the Telegraph Office). Various other schools in Sechelt and District,
pupils and teachers are represented. Many of the photographs were
donated by early Sechelt school teachers.
-- Students in front of Sechelt's temporary second school building,
the former Yamamoto boat works at the head of Sechelt Inlet in
Porpoise Bay. A new school was erected to the east of this shed
on Wharf Road in 1914. Some students are identified.
Miss Gladys Tidy's class at the Sechelt school located at the
head of Sechelt Inlet in Porpoise Bay on Wharf Road. Some students
are identified. Miss Tidy taught at the school from 1917 to 1918.
by Miss Gladys Tidy
-- Students gather at the head of Sechelt Inlet on the Porpoise
Bay waterfront, in front of their school building located on Wharf
© The Sechelt Community Archives