Sechelt Community Archives

Historical Photographs


Home | About | Search | Donate photos | Order photos

Other collections
Donor
  Subject

Gwen Abram
   Lansdowne Park
Mr. and Mrs. Atlee
   Harry and Jessie Irvine
Mr. Brian Blackwell
   Sechelt (1940-2007)
Audrey Broughton
   Sechelt Meat Lockers
Caple family
   Redrooffs Resort
Richard (Dick) Clayton
   Clayton family, early Sechelt
Mr. Cavin Crawford
   Crawford home
District of Sechelt
   Various
Friends of the Library
   Sechelt Library
Mrs. May Gillis
   Redrooffs Resort
Mrs. Joan Graham
   Rockwood Lodge
Mrs. Patricia Hilton
   Redrooffs, Cooper's Green
Mr. Philip (Pete) Jackson
   Jackson Brothers' Logging
Ms. Caroline Keeley
   Jackson Brothers' Logging
Mr. and Mrs. Kohuch
   Gilmore brothers
Mrs. Joyce Kolibas
   Sechelt General Store
Eddie and Gladys Le Warne
   Trading Post, Davis Bay
Mr. Gary Little
   Early postcards
Mrs. Diana Lofstrom
   Sechelt Library Board
Mrs. Faye McCourt
   McCourt family, various
Mrs. Barbara Moffett
   Various
St. Mary's Hospital Auxiliary
   Events, volunteers
Sechelt Community Archivist
   Wakefield Inn
Sechelt Garden Club
   Events, members
Sechelt Public Library
   Peninsula Times newspaper
Mr. Philip Sawkins
   Sitka Spruce Lumber, Picnic
Mrs. June Shepherd
   Ernie Penn, Sechelt Hotel
Mrs. Billie Steele
   Hacketts, Rockwood Lodge
Mr. Charles Stephens and
Mr. Robert D'Arcy

   Sandy Hook community
Sunshine Coast Credit Union
  Building
Mrs. Bea Swanson
   Swanson Redi-Mix, events
Mrs. Sue Thompson
   Wilson Creek baseball
Mrs. Betty Twigg
   Mrs. Alice French
University Women
   Members, events
The Rev. Kenneth Walker
   George Walker
Mrs. Jean Whittaker
   Shorncliffe Intermediate Care
Mrs. Frances Yordan
   Hunt family, Sargeant Bay

 


St. Mary's Hospital Auxiliary Collection -- Events, volunteers, Page 1

The Reverend John Antle of the Columbia Coast Mission, with the help of volunteers and Anglican congregations in Vancouver raised funds to open, in 1930, the first hospital on the Sunshine Coast at Garden Bay in Pender Harbour. When a proposal for a centrally located hospital was successful, a new St. Mary's Hospital was built and opened in 1964 in Sechelt on land donated by the Sechelt First Nation.St. Mary's Hospital Auxiliary Society consists of six branches. The first auxiliary was formed in Pender Harbour in 1937, followed by Halfmoon Bay in 1955, Gibson's in 1960, Sechelt in 1961, Robert's Creek in 1964 and Port Mellon (now Hopkins) also in 1964. A co-ordinating council oversaw the six auxiliaries' activities and reported to the St. Mary's Hospital Board. In 1983 the six auxiliaries amalgamated, becoming one auxiliary with six branches then in 1993, the auxiliary formed a Society. A Board of Directors, elected from the six branches, now directs the business of the auxiliary. The six branches hold monthly meetings, arrange their own fund-raising activities, run the hospital gift shop, loan cupboard and the thrift shop in Sechelt. It is through the efforts of the auxiliary and its many volunteer members that the hospital is so well equipped and comfortably furnished. Totem Lodge, the extended care facility, is of particular interest to the auxiliary.

1   2   3   4   5  6   7    8   9   10 


sm.1

1988-- An Auxiliary business lunch

Photo courtesy St. Mary's Hospital Auxiliary


sm.2

1988 -- An Auxiliary brown bag lunch

Photo courtesy St. Mary's Hospital Auxiliary


sm.3

1988 -- St. Mary's Auxiliary float probably in a Canada Day Parade

Photo courtesy St. Mary's Hospital Auxiliary


next>

Copyright © The Sechelt Community Archives