Sechelt Community Archives

Historical Photographs


Home | About | Search | Donate photos | Order photos

Other collections
Donor
  Subject

Gwen Abram
   Lansdowne Park
Mr. and Mrs. Atlee
   Harry and Jessie Irvine
Mr. Brian Blackwell
   Sechelt (1940-2007)
Audrey Broughton
   Sechelt Meat Lockers
Caple family
   Redrooffs Resort
Richard (Dick) Clayton
   Clayton family, early Sechelt
Mr. Cavin Crawford
   Crawford home
District of Sechelt
   Various
Friends of the Library
   Sechelt Library
Mrs. May Gillis
   Redrooffs Resort
Mrs. Joan Graham
   Rockwood Lodge
Mrs. Patricia Hilton
   Redrooffs, Cooper's Green
Mr. Philip (Pete) Jackson
   Jackson Brothers' Logging
Ms. Caroline Keeley
   Jackson Brothers' Logging
Mr. and Mrs. Kohuch
   Gilmore brothers
Mrs. Joyce Kolibas
   Sechelt General Store
Eddie and Gladys Le Warne
   Trading Post, Davis Bay
Mr. Gary Little
   Early postcards
Mrs. Diana Lofstrom
   Sechelt Library Board
Mrs. Faye McCourt
   McCourt family, various
Mrs. Barbara Moffett
   Various
St. Mary's Hospital Auxiliary
   Events, volunteers
Sechelt Community Archivist
   Wakefield Inn
Sechelt Garden Club
   Events, members
Sechelt Public Library
   Peninsula Times newspaper
Mr. Philip Sawkins
   Sitka Spruce Lumber, Picnic
Mrs. June Shepherd
   Ernie Penn, Sechelt Hotel
Mrs. Billie Steele
   Hacketts, Rockwood Lodge
Mr. Charles Stephens and
Mr. Robert D'Arcy

   Sandy Hook community
Sunshine Coast Credit Union
  Building
Mrs. Bea Swanson
   Swanson Redi-Mix, events
Mrs. Sue Thompson
   Wilson Creek baseball
Mrs. Betty Twigg
   Mrs. Alice French
University Women
   Members, events
The Rev. Kenneth Walker
   George Walker
Mrs. Jean Whittaker
   Shorncliffe Intermediate Care
Mrs. Frances Yordan
   Hunt family, Sargeant Bay

 


Christopher and Elizabeth Caple Collection -- Redrooffs Resort, Page 1

The coloured photographs are of the Caple family holiday cottage built circa 1916-17 as a rental cottage for Redrooffs Resort, which was located east of Cooper's Green at Halfmoon Bay. The first cottages were built in 1912 and all are said to have consisted of a frame with half walls and wire mosquito screening. Canvas flaps were dropped to keep out rain and wind. Other facilities were a wood-burning stove and an outhouse. The photographs show renovations have taken place over the years. Various renters enjoyed their summer holidays in the cottage until the resort was sold in 1942 and the land subdivided. Christopher Caple and his sister Elizabeth Caple are the most recent Caple owners and plan a new cottage sympathetic to the design of the original Redrooffs Resort cottages.


caple.1

2006 -- One of the original Redrooffs Resort cottages at Halfmoon Bay, likely built around 1916 or 1917.

Photo courtesy Christopher and Elizabeth Caple


 

Copyright © The Sechelt Community Archives